Benefits of mydlink™
mydlink products are created for people who long to embrace a world connected through the Internet, but are afraid they lack the technical expertise to do so. mydlink products remove the earning curve that is typically associated with today's high-tech devices because they are truly Plug-and-Play compatible with zero or extremely easy configuration. mydlink provides you easy and straightforward access to your digital life all from our intuitive, convenient website (www.mydlink.com). mydlink makes it easy to get the most from your digital lifestyle without the learning curve.
Convenient Access, Anywhere, Anytime
As a mydlink-enabled device, you can access the DCS-942L anytime, anywhere you have Internet access. Get peace of mind by keeping an eye on your kids, pets, home or office from almost anywhere by simply logging on to the mydlink website and selecting your camera. Since the DCS-942L comes with a built-in microphone, you can see and hear for yourself that everything is well at home.
Camera Management Software
For advanced users that want more out of their camera, the DCS-942L also comes with D-Link D-ViewCam™ management software for Windows PCs. D-ViewCam comes with a host of features including the ability to record directly from the camera to a local hard drive, trigger motion detection, set recording schedules, set e-mail alert notifications, and even support for up to 32 cameras. D-ViewCam also allows you to upload a floor plan of your home or small business and create a realistic layout of where your cameras are located, providing you with better access to your camera. For even greater recording flexibility, D-ViewCam can record video directly to a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device, eliminating the need for a dedicated computer to store video.
Network Camera Solutions
Stay connected to what matters most
Throughout your busy week, stay connected to everything that you love 24/7. View your home and keep an eye on your kids, your pets and your valued possessions from anywhere over the Internet and enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing everything is safe and secure. Whether you're out for an evening, at the office or away on vacation, mydlink-enabled cameras let you keep a close, constant eye on all that's important to you.
Anywhere access: mydlink™ makes it easy
To make home monitoring a truly simple experience, we created mydlink.com so you can access your live camera feed from any Internet-connected computer or mobile device1, anytime. All mydlink-enabled cameras can be viewed and managed on your personal mydlink portal so you can enjoy the freedom of remote monitoring on your terms.
Anywhere access: Home monitoring goes mobile
With the mydlink app for iPhone and Android, you can quickly and easily view your camera feed from anywhere with Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G connection. No more guessing what's going on at your house while you're away. Thanks to this app, you can monitor on-the-go... even if you don't have access to a computer! Simply download the free mydlink app on your iPhone¨ or Android and you're all set to see live video feeds or capture pictures to share with friends and family.
Record video and watch it anytime: D-ViewCam™ Surveillance Software
D-ViewCam software is included with all mydlink-enabled cameras and allows you to view and manage up to 32 cameras on a single screen easily and hassle free. Plus, with D-ViewCam, you can automatically record and playback detailed video at your own convenience.
Getting started is easy
Think home surveillance is too difficult to set up? Think again. mydlink-enabled network cameras were designed to be installed by people just like you - not IT experts. You'll be surprised how easily and quickly your network cameras will be up and running - ready to connect you to your home, ready to monitor what matters most, ready to deliver priceless peace of mind.
1. Connect the camera to your existing Wi-Fi network.
2. Run the short installation wizard on your PC.
3. Log into mydlink.com to see and hear what's going on in your home in real time - it's that simple!
Are you a Mac user? Download the mydlink Install Guide and Setup Utility at http://www.dlink.com/mydlinkmac
- Focal length: 3.15 mm, F2.8
- Minimum Illumination
- Color: 1 Lux @ F2.8
- B/W: 0 Lux with IR LED on
- VGA 1/5 inch CMOS Sensor
- Removable IR-Cut filter: auto/schedule/Manual
- IR LED
- 5 meter illumination distance
- PIR Sensor
- 3A Control
- AGC (Auto Gain Control)
- AWB (Auto White Balance)
- AES (Auto Electronic Shutter)
- Built-in Network Interface
- 10/100Base-TX Fast Ethernet
- 802.11b/g/n WLAN
- Video Codecs
- JPEG for still image
- 640 x 480 at up to 30 fps
- 320 x 240 at up to 30 fps
- 160 x 120 at up to 30 fps
- Network Protocol
- IPV4, ARP, TCP, UDP, ICMP
- RTSP, RTP, RTCP
- DHCP Client
- NTP Client (D-Link)
- DNS Client
- DDNS Client (D-Link)
- SMTP Client
- FTP Client
- HTTP Server
- UPnP Port Forwarding
- 3GPP (Video only)
- Input: 100-249 V AC, 50/60Hz
- Output: 5 V DC, 1.2A
- External AC-to-DC switching power adapter
- 5.5W Max Power Consumption
- Operation Temperature
- 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Storage Temperature
- -4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- 20-80% RH Non-Condensing
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- Including the bracket and stand: 2.6” x 2.6” x
- 5” (65.8mm x 65mm x 126mm)
- Camera only
- 1.1” x 2.4” x 3.8” (27.2mm x 60mm x 96mm)
- FCC Class B
- 24/7 Basic Installation Support
1. Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. Wireless range and speed rates are D-Link RELATIVE performance measurements based on the wireless range and speed rates of a standard Wireless G product from D-Link. Maximum throughput based on D-Link 802.11n devices.
2. 1-Year Limited Warranty available only in the USA and Canada.
3. Latest Software and Documentation available at support.dlink.com
Use of audio or video equipment for recording the image of voice of a person without their knowledfe and consent is prohibited in vertain states or juristictions. Nothing herein represents a warranty or representation that D-Link product provided herein is suitable for the end-user's intended use under the applicable laws of his or her state. D-Link disclaims any liability whatsoever for any end-user use of the D-Link product with fails to comply with applicable state, local or federal laws.
All references to speed are for comparison purposes only. Product specification, size and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted herein.
©2011 D-Link Corporation/D-Link Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. D-Link, the D-Link logo, the D-Link RoHS logo, D-ViewCam, and mydlink are trademarks or registered trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United Sates and/or other countried. Other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.